CFAC seeks an intern to help plan and promote on-farm workshops and more in 2018.
Want to help Montana’s beginning farmers grow successful, sustainable businesses? Want to learn new skills like how to develop new resources, plan educational opportunities, host events, and evaluate programs? CFAC’s Spring 2018 internship could be for you! CFAC’s paid intern will assist with a range of projects, including:
- Promoting and marketing a new statewide resource, Farm Link Montana, to farmers and ranchers and the people who work with them across the state
- Planning, promoting, administering, and evaluating a series of workshops in Missoula on topics including farm law, land access, and business management
- Supporting MSU Extension and small business staff across Montana in offering business planning workshops in their communities
- Working with a range of farmers to collect reports and data from a farm equipment investment project, and designing resource guide templates for project reports
- Planning and promoting a series of on-farm, farmer-led Field Days
Note: The intern will not be expected to lead these projects, but will have the opportunity to assist in their development and management as appropriate. This internship will provide the opportunity for an intern to assist with multiple projects.
CFAC offers a $1,000 stipend to an intern who can offer at least 10 hours/week between January and May.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a note on the project(s) of greatest interest, and any additional relevant information not covered in your resume. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis with a planned start date of January 29th.