We are hiring a full-time Americorps VISTA through the Montana Economic Opportunity Project at RDI! This is an exciting opportunity to work with organizations around the state to support beginning farmers and ranchers by improving financial literacy, workforce training, and capacity building. The project provides services to limited resource, socially disadvantaged, and veteran populations and the successful Vista will serve all of these populations through your work.
Key projects include:
- Research and writing to enhance existing resources and create new resources for beginning farmers (see FarmLinkMontana.org for examples)
- Event planning and hosting for a wide array of events, including hands-on workshops for farmers, farm financing events for community members, statewide network meetings to build capacity in other organizations, and statewide meetings on community financing
- Research, writing, and development of promotional/outreach materials on community financing
- Research and technical support for partners offering entrepreneurship training for veteran and tribal beginning farmers and ranchers across the state
- Grantwriting and fundraising to support and expand the programs
We are committed to making your Vista experience a positive one that will benefit our programs as well as your long-term goals!
Information on pay and benefits is available on the RDI website. We are also happy to help with applying for SNAP benefits and finding housing locally.
Click here to apply via the Americorps web portal! The position will start on July 24th and we hope to complete the hiring process ASAP. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so early applications are recommended.
Questions? Email Annie at email@example.com.