We are hiring a full-time, 11-month Americorps Vista through the Montana Economic Opportunity Project! This is an exciting opportunity to work with organizations around the state to support beginning farmers and ranchers by improving financial literacy, workforce training, and capacity building. The project provides services to limited resource, socially disadvantaged, and veteran populations and the successful Vista will serve all of these populations through your work.
Key projects include:
- Research and writing to enhance existing resources and create new resources for beginning farmers (see FarmLinkMontana.org for examples)
- Event planning and hosting for a wide array of events, including hands-on workshops for farmers, farm financing events for community members, statewide network meetings to build capacity in other organizations, and statewide meetings on community financing
- Research, writing, and development of promotional/outreach materials on community financing
- Research and technical support for partners offering workforce training on indian reservations across the state
- Grantwriting and fundraising to support and expand the programs.
We are committed to making your Vista experience a positive one that will benefit our programs as well as your long-term goals!
We will be updating this post soon with application details, but if you are interested in learning more, please email Annie at email@example.com as soon as possible and we will keep you up to date on application details. The position will start on July 24th and information on pay and benefits is available on the RDI website. We are also happy to help with applying for SNAP benefits and finding housing locally.