Community Relations Coordinator Position Description
CFAC, in partnership with MT Campus Compact, is searching for a Community Relations Coordinator Summer Vista Associate! Join our team in fighting poverty by building a regional food system that promotes health, equity, and economic opportunity.
Coordinator is eligible for an Americorps education award once 300 hours of service are completed.
Community Relations Coordinator
- Compensation: AmeriCorps living stipend, plus eligibility for AmeriCorps education award at end of term
- Hours per week: 40
- Work schedule: Weekdays, some weekends and evenings
- Start Date: June 1, 2016
- End Date: August 9, 2016
The Community Relations Coordinator will primarily work to increase awareness of the Double SNAP Dollars (DSD) program and to engage its stakeholders in the development, execution and outcomes of the program. DSD is a community-centered program that supports healthy food access for low-income residents by making fresh fruits and vegetables more affordable (a 1:1 match is provided when SNAP benefits are used to purchase healthy foods at participating venues).
This is a fun, interactive position with flexibility to include creative outreach projects of the coordinator’s choosing.
- Work with project lead to implement strategic outreach plan that strives to include a variety of populations, including seniors, children, Native Americans, and SNAP recipients
- Table at farmers’ markets periodically to offer nutrition information and food preparation techniques to Double SNAP Dollars participants and market customers; administer short surveys; and collect recipe ideas
- Implement a social media campaign strategy
- Provide program updates and collect feedback from Double SNAP Dollars vendors
- Report feedback to program lead in an effective and useful manner
- Conduct outreach and other activities as opportunities arise
- Collect and compile relevant program metrics
- Pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, community development, social work, and/or food systems work, plus related professional experience.
- Junior, Senior, or Grad student status
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to connect well with others
- Works well in a team environment
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Proficient in social media outlets, particularly Facebook and blogs
- Position requires initiative, resourcefulness; experience as a “self-starter”
- Availability for occasional work on weekends, especially during the Saturday morning farmers’ markets
Application opens mid-March. Apply here: http://www.mtcompact.org/service-opportunities/summer-only-service-opportunities/
Contact Kim Gilchrist, Food Access Program Manager, with any questions about this position.
- Em: email@example.com;
- Ph: 856.912.1080