Want to help Montana’s beginning farmers grow successful, sustainable businesses? Want to learn about how to develop new resources, plan educational opportunities, host events, and evaluate programs? CFAC is looking for an intern for this summer to assist with a range of projects, including:
- Promoting and marketing the statewide resource site, Farm Link Montana, to farmers, ranchers, landowners and the people who work with them across the state
- Planning, promoting, administering, and evaluating a series of on-farm, farmer-led Field Days in Western Montana
- Enhancing business planning curriculum for beginning farmers across Montana; Building teaching modules for use by Extension and other professionals
- Supporting in-state partners in planning and promoting a farm business planning workshop for veterans
- Working with a range of partners to develop tools to connect farm and food businesses with investors in Western Montana
- Assisting with a regional market assessment by conducting outreach to buyers and producers.
Note: you will not be expected to lead these projects, but will have the opportunity to assist in development and management as appropriate. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to assist with multiple projects. Some projects are grant dependent and may be subject to change. We can offer a $2,000 stipend to applicants able to offer 20 hours/week between June and September.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a note on the project(s) in which you’re interested and any additional relevant information not covered in your resume. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis with a planned intern start date in late May.