POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 10, 2017
The Community Food & Agriculture Coalition (CFAC) is seeking a Development & Communications Coordinator to lead our donor engagement, communications and community outreach efforts. The position provides support to the Executive Director to fulfill the organization’s overall fund development and communications plan. Duties will include donor and sponsorship cultivation, membership outreach through social media and events, donor database management, website upkeep, grant coordination, event planning and implementation. The coordinator will actively work to build a solid relationship with community organizations, businesses, and individual supporters.
More information about our programs is on our website http://www.MissoulaCFAC.org. This position is a full-time, year-round position that reports directly to the Executive Director.
CFAC’s mission is to develop and strengthen Missoula County’s food system: promoting sustainable agriculture; building regional self-reliance; and assuring all citizens equal access to healthy, affordable, and culturally-appropriate food. CFAC facilitates dialogue, education, and collaboration within the community, encouraging creative problem-solving and proactive policy advocacy. It is essential for all staff, including the Development & Communications Coordinator, to whole-heartedly embrace this vision and grassroots approach. As a small organization with a holistic mission, staff contributes to projects across the organization, regardless of their job titles.
Assist the Executive Director in implementing the fundraising and community outreach plan including:
- Meeting with donors and communicating with them on a regular basis
- Maintaining and updating the donor management database
- Assisting program staff and the ED with grant tracking and reporting
Facilitate and execute CFAC’s communication needs including:
- Maintaining and updating the website
- Managing and creating social media
- Working with traditional media (print, TV and radio)
- Organizing events to educate and update CFAC members
- Producing and sending newsletters and action alerts to CFAC members
- In-depth experience with traditional and social media, website maintenance and community outreach
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven project management skills and the ability to work independently, take initiative, meet deadlines, and relate cooperatively and constructively with a diversity of stakeholders, staff and volunteers
- Solid computer skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, donor database software
- Confident, professional, and demonstrated passion for our mission
- Optimistic, positive and charismatic disposition
- College degree and/or graduate degree preferred
This is a full-time position. Depending on experience, the Community Outreach and Engagement Coordinator will earn $32,000-34,000 per year, plus a generous benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick days, and health insurance.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Bonnie Buckingham at Bonnie@MissoulaCFAC.org
The deadline for applications is March 10, 2017, however, the position will remain open until filled.