Want to help Montana’s beginning farmers grow successful, sustainable businesses? Want to learn about how to develop new resources, plan educational opportunities, host events, and evaluate programs? CFAC is looking for an intern for this summer to assist with a range of projects, including:
- Promoting and marketing a new statewide resource, Farm Link Montana, to farmers and ranchers and the people who work with them across the state (throughout the summer)
- Planning, promoting, administering, and evaluating a series of on-farm, farmer-led Field Days in Western Montana (throughout the summer)
- Supporting MSU Extension and small business staff across Montana in offering business planning workshops in their communities (late summer)
- Working with a range of partners to develop tools to connect farm and food businesses with investors in Western Montana (throughout the summer)
- Researching and developing resources on land access for beginning farmers to be used in workshops in 2017 (throughout the summer)
Note: you will not be expected to lead these projects, but will have the opportunity to assist in development and management as appropriate. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to assist with multiple projects. We can offer a $1,000 stipend to applicants able to offer 10-20 hours/week between May and September.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a note on the project(s) in which you’re interested and any additional relevant information not covered in your resume. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis with a planned intern start date in mid-May.